Sunday, September 20, 2026

Google says - just trust me

 If you are like me then you do use Google maps for distances that needs timely arrival like school drop off or band pick up and so on. Time and again I have tried to use my brain instead of blindly trusting Google and the success rate of me beating Google is going lower and lower.

Last night thanks to weather patterns. the high school football match ended pretty late and while picking up kid after the match I asked Google to map my way home and its suggestion was to go around town and reach home in 23 minutes and I was like, no my other way would be easier for I could cut across I-35 and hit Mopac and will be home in about same time. I took my route, over rode Google only to get badly stuck in downtown traffic and there was an event that attracted stream of audience that it blocked my way and I had to come back to I-35 and go back towards downtown again for I knew before hand that I-35 south had an accident and was blocked badly. after about 45 minutrs on the road we reached home completely tired.

Yes, Google had the last laugh and yes I could have saved time and energy had I listened to Google Maps in first place :).

No comments: