Wednesday, October 28, 2009

This one almost looked legit

The following I got in an email and for a few seconds I thought this was legit.

They have the names of the person sending right and they are asking for specific amount of money.

The subject of the email was "Shocking News". If nothing this is the best hack/spam email I have received.

====================================================================
I am in a hurry writing this e-mail to you, I had travelled to UK for an urgent seminar and unfortunately for me i was robbed and all my money was stolen at the hotel where I lodged. I am so confused right now, I dont know what to do or where to go. I didn't bring my phones here and the hotel telephone lines were disconnected during the robbery incident. So I have access to only emails. Please i need you to send me £960 today so I can return home.

Please have the money sent immediately through Western union money transfer to my name and on this address right below.

Name:XXX YYY
Address: 110 Palace Road, Tulse Hill
City: London
Post code: E8 4HR
Country: United Kingdom
Mtcn Number:

As soon as I get home I would refund it immediately. Please I need you to get back to me so I can let you know how to send the money to me.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you with the payment details now.
Thank you.
XXX YYY

====================================================================

No comments: