Friday, March 26, 2010

Snippets from Corpus Christi trip

After every trip I usually log a travel log about the trip. Since this time the trip was pretty local and we visited standard Texas attractions I will only post snippets.  

A brief history of the trip : we started on Saturday morning and spent most of the day at Seaworld San Antonio. In the evening we headed to Corpus Christi and spent the night. On Sunday we spent the day at Mustang Island state park. In the night we took a stroll on bay front road. On Monday we toured USS Lexington warship and visited Texas State Aquarium
  • When you book a hotel room through Hotwire, they do not guarantee the room type, for ex: I had asked for a room with 2 queen beds but because the hotel was so completely booked due to a conference and all I ended up getting a room with 1 king size bed. 
  • I got pulled over by the highway patrol on the way to Corpus Christi not because I was speeding but one of my license plate lights were out. I didn't get a ticket but a warning (not a verbal one but a printed one).
  • Sea world still has shows with the killer whales but I could see that they weren't pushing the whales as they used to do before. I guess it is good both for the whales and the humans. 
  • If you ever visit seaworld SA don't forget to do the lori bird feeding, it is a unique experience  of holding a small cup of nectar in hand and having the bird sit on your hand while sucking the nectar. 
  • Seaworld SA does not host the Clydesdale horses anymore, instead they have couple of Texas longhorns and couple more uniquely Texan animals. 
  • If in corpus christi you decide to tour the aquarium and the warship on the same day, I suggest you do the aquarium first. 
  • In the aquarium I suggest not to miss the wild flight show. It is a truly unique and a great show. 
  • Driving from Corpus Christi to Austin, if it is spring time and you are a bit adventurous, try the scenic route along highway 181 and highway 123. We truly were in for a surprise when we saw lush wild flowers all along the way. Google says it takes close to 4 and half hours if you take this route, but we managed to do it in less than 3 and half hours. Keep in mind you need a good GPS and a truly alert mind if you decide to take this route. 
  • I have been to corpus twice so far and I think mustang Island state park is a better beach than corpus christi beach. 
  • The sand in mustang island state park is so fine that it is guaranteed to fill in to all nooks and holes of the car.      

No comments: