Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Solar Panel on a Canal

Back in the days when I was young, naïve and inquisitive I remember visiting our native village in Karnataka and looking at the big canals that were dug to carry water from the dams to villages and reservoirs hundreds of KMs away. I remember asking some of the elders around me in those days, why can’t we do something to cover the canals won’t the open canal lead to lot of evaporation and sorry I remember vaguely that the cost would be exorbitant to cover the same.

But the new initiative taken up by Mr. Modi of having Solar Panels on the river canals has solved that problem, a cover that pays for itself. I am not sure of all the claims in the article but this is definitely a way forward and progressive thinking.  

 Canal_Top_Solar_Power_Plant

Enjoy the slide show here

No comments: