Monday, October 20, 2014

Sweet Berry Farm

Sweet berry farm, I thought I had already written about this, but looks like I have missed it. Considering I have been visiting this place for the last two years on an average 2 times a year it does deserve an entry in my blog.

It's an hour drive from Austin near the city of marble falls. I came to know about this place through a friend of mine. It's one of those well managed commercial farm which opens twice a year for tourists, once in spring and once in fall. In spring season they have strawberry picking and in fall they decorate the farm for pumpkin festival.

It has always been a blast for my daughter,  for she gets to do her favorite activities like berry bounce, sand art, tractor train ride, face painting, feeding and petting goats, and this time we spent time running through the corn maze and lastly her most favorite, pumpkin painting (only in fall). In short we easily spend a day there.

If I need to pick one gripe about the place is that the food part is a bit scarce out there but they do have a ton of picnic tables for those who can pack from home and if you are there for the pumpkin patch don’t forget to try their wonderful pumpkin ice-cream and the very addictive strawberry lemonade (I think its the sugar).

IMG_0019IMG_1947IMG_0140IMG_2199 IMG_0024 IMG_0065 IMG_0074   IMG_2109

Between strawberry picking and pumpkin patch, I feel pumpkin patch is slightly bigger for they open up the farm on the other side of the highway for the same and is more fun than the latter one.

One great thing for me is to see my kid grow, every time I have been there I have seen her doing the things slightly and some times much better than she did last time. I think the study is fairly scientific for she gets to do the same set of things but done over period of time.

The farm does not charge entry fee or parking fee and we pay only for the activities and food. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Of course needless to say, go there with decent amount of cash for it is a cash or check only place and they do have an ATM but not sure what they will charge for the fee.

If you plan the pumpkin patch, I recommend to visit before Halloween.    

No comments: