Thursday, July 08, 2010

Windows Live writer

For my fellow bloggers, specially who use blogspot. We know how painful it is to use the editor that is built in to blogspot.  From my personal experience I always had trouble with inserting images into the blog and adding text around the image without getting into the HTML or I want to insert 1 line between paragraphs and I have to take whatever blogger decides to give me, more I try to modify the worse blog looks (this doesn’t apply to people using Google reader though).  

While I was doing some research I came across this great editor just built for blogging, called Windows Live Writer. I think it is the second best tool developed by Microsoft (first of course is excel).

P1010001 The editor is pretty light, loads fast and will directly link to the blog and can do a 1 step publishing. What you see is what you get. No 2nd   guessing on line spacing and paragraph spacing and all. 

The image controls are also way more than offered by blogger (I have inserted a test image and tilted it just to prove the same). I could link more than one blog to the editor and could switch back and forth.

Unlike Blogger, where you need click on “preview the post” to preview the blog, the Live writer has a preview tab right next to the “Edit” tab (sweet). Less than a day of using it and I am already a fan. Try it and I am sure you will love it too.

Just like any other Microsoft products it is compatible with windows only and hence will not help my buddies who use “Open Source”.     

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice to another convert of Windows Live Writer, the BEST blogging editor ever invented. If you need any help on using Writer at all, take a look at my posts on the subject at http://techno-granny.blogspot.com where I run through some of the fantastic things you can do with Writer.