Sunday, May 15, 2011

Curiosity got the best for me (Meru Chikitsa)

Last week, when we were discussing about Dr. Rachael Murad’s visit to Austin, I didn’t consider myself to be one of her patients. For I don’t feel anything wrong with my spine or my back.

When I picked her up from the bus station and spent some time with her driving to her place of stay, curiosity got the better out of me. I scheduled myself an appointment for today (Sunday, May 15 2011). As though it was a co-incidence, thanks to some wrong sleep posture or some such thing, I was having a slight pain the lower back for last couple of days.

During the appointment, the good doctor did a few tricks on my back and near my head and taught me a couple of breathing techniques. The mind was thinking all the time, how am I going to feel better? for she hasn’t done much and whatever she did is too gentle. But in the end, I was in for a surprise.

After the appointment was over, she asked me to stand up and walk around. The feeling I had was amazing, I felt light, there was no back pain, the energy in my body was much higher than with which I had walked in. The awareness was much more elevated. It was almost the same feeling that I get when I do a good round of Sadhana.         

Dr. Rachael Murad will be in Austin till May 22nd and is currently taking appointments. Make an appointment and show up, for you do not know what's in store for you.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had very good experience during my appointment with Dr Rachael. I met her for a general tune up.

One side of my lower back sometimes feels tight than the other. Since it is minor issue, I did not tell her about it. However, to my surprise, she diagnosed it and did some gentle adjustments that made me feel a lot more relaxed. She suggested that I should do yogasanas (postures)that will help me relax more.

Additionally, I felt a lot more energetic and light after breathing exercises she asked me to do during the session.

Consultation with her made me aware of my overall health and how to make it better. I really like her approach of complete herbal medicines that guarantee no side effects. I will be definitely following up with her!

Nitin