Tuesday, May 31, 2011

They want the Toyota not VW

Between me and my wife we have 2 cars, one is a 2001 Toyota Camry and the other is a 2002 Volkswagen Passat. Camry is Beige in color and Passat is Blue in color. Considering their age, both cars are near or slightly beyond their 100000 mile markers. 

 photo

The other day when I walked to the Camry, I saw this note on the dashboard and I looked over the Passat and I was slightly happy to see no such note. The mind started wondering, does the Camry look so old in comparison or may be the blue vs. the beige colors making the difference.

My momentary happiness died away for I realized the person who put this note thinks Camry is more valuable than the Passat. I haven’t contacted these people for I have no intentions to part with either the Camry or the Passat.     

4 comments:

Kalpesh Soni said...

I bought a 1999 vw jetta in 2005
I had so much trouble with that POS that I wont drive a VW even if they pay me to drive it.

Ganesh said...

Fuel efficient cars have become very profitable cause of gas prices, even used ones.

Due to the earthquake in Japan, new cars are fewer and demanding full price. As a result, folks are holding on to their existing cars leading to a shortfall of used cars too. Very interesting market right now, in fact blue book values of such cars have gone up since last year!

May want to grey out their phone number :P

Manjunath said...

I really don't understand people's fad for Jetta. Jetta and Golf are the most unreliable cars I know of.
I am really happy with my Passat, other than parts being expensive and hard to find a good mechanic. I have no complaints.
But will I buy another VW Passat again, I am not sure.

Sri / Harsha said...

Should have gone with the Accord Coupe ;)