Sunday, November 03, 2013

Innocence of the child

After nearly 15 years and for the first time ever for my 3 year old daughter we are celebrating Diwali in India. Diwali means crackers and if you are familiar with India the moment you start crackers in front of your house you will have bunch of kids dressed in ragged clothes standing in front of your house begging you to share some crackers with them. If you are born and brought up in India you know to ignore these kids as yielding to one means  you are opening flood gates for the rest of the gang to appear.

But for my daughter it was the other way, she was enjoying the crackers with us and some other young kids from the neighborhood and the moment she saw these street kids she became very excited and said “hey look other kids, come join us”, “everybody say hi”. The funny part was we were forced to share some of\our crackers just to send them away.

Thanks to my daughter we managed to do some charitable act, though a small one. I don’t know how long will this innocence will last but is fun till it lasts.   

1 comment:

Sripathi Kodi said...

From my experience, I can tell you that it will last at least 3 more years :)