Friday, November 27, 2015

2 phone solution

It probably happens only in India and would sound very alien to US residents, one needs a dual sim phone to keep up with multiple networks as one might be active in some areas while others are not.  How about dual phones itself? one for talking and one for internet? Yes this is what I witnessed while in India during my vacation recently. If it were 1 or 2 people I wouldn’t have bothered but I saw at a minimum half a dozen people doing this and to top this, there was a news paper advertisement for a smart phone which said buy a smart phone and get a multimedia (dumb) phone for free.

Made me wonder why?, I just barely scratched the surface and I had my answers.

On an average my Iphone 5s lasts a day or so with 4G disabled and on an average here in the USA in about 3 hours or so my phone charges from 0 to 100%, in India my phone takes almost double this time if not 2.5 times and on top of it if there were a power cut then god alone save me. To contrast, my mom’s multimedia phone has almost infinite talk time (compared to my smart phone), the voice is clear and it charges fast.

Another reason may be, thanks to Apple and Samsung for not allowing their real high end phones to be dual sim.

So, how do we solve it Indian way? have a phone for talking and have one for internet.  

No comments: